Have you ever considered tailgating with your entire family? Well look no further, I have the top 6 Frugal Family Fall Tailgating tips you’ll need to get the party started without breaking the bank!
Fall is here and that means it’s time for some of our favorite sports! Here are just a few ways to save on this unique style of fall, family fun:
1. Why not tailgate with other families at your kids’ sporting events?
Create great family memories with fun ways to involve the whole family (not to mention share the cost). Plan on getting to your kids’ games a little earlier or even go to a local high school football game with another family to start your own tradition!
2. If you are going to a pro event, take advantage of what local teams are already offering.
For example, here in Nashville, our pro hockey team (the Predators) offer a Plaza Party that begins 2 hours before every home game. There’s a great crowd that comes out, and on weekend games they have a band, kids activities, face painters and more. Many NFL & NBA teams do something similar.
*** On 10/11 only, click on Rakuten’s Buy.com HALLOWEEN PROMOTION where you get 15% back on your order in Rakuten Super Points PLUS another $5 off your order of $50 or more! ***
4. Use your stockpile to supply basics for your party food (drinks, meat, crackers, etc.), then build the rest of your menu around that.
Or pick items that will double duty. For instance, I had a lot of taco kits & barbeque sauce on hand already, so I bought a pork roast that I slow cooked with BBQ sauce and Coke that can double as BBQ pork sandwiches (with cole slaw) as well as BBQ pork tacos! (Recipes found in Ultimate SEC cookbook).
5. When you do plan the rest of your party food, pick a fun focal point:
A great dip in a football bowl, cups guests can take home, cupcakes with team logo, etc.
6. Have games for the kids to keep them busy while the big game is going on…even if you’re just ‘tailgating’ at home! (flag football, cornhole, etc)
What are your favorite ways to tailgate with your family, especially when kids are involved?
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post, but only for things I’d buy myself!