Watch the Talk of the Town video from today’s show: White Chicken Chili Crock-Pot healthy recipe for busy moms on the go:
Today on Talk of the Town (March 20, 2012) I shared how busy moms can still cook healthy recipes even when they’re on the go! Busy moms often find themselves in a conundrum: how to find the time to not only cook for your family, but how to make those meals healthy!
- They use less energy than the oven, saving you money on electricity
- The slow-cooking process adds more flavor without adding extra fat and calories that come with traditional cooking methods
- You can plan (& start cooking) your meal WAY in advance of the dinner hour, when it’s more convenient for you….even putting food in overnight after the kids are asleep!
- You can cook enough to last beyond one meal and re-purpose the rest for a dinner later in the week (for example, cooking a whole chicken for dinner, but then using the rest to shred for salads, fajitas, etc)
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (16-ounce) bag dried Cannellini Beans
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen Sweet White Corn
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen fajita blend (peppers & onion), pulsed in food processor
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Suggested toppings: sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, chopped red onion
- Arrange chicken in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Top with beans, corn, poblanos, cauliflower, onion, broth, cumin and chili powder.
- Cover and cook on low until beans are very tender and cauliflower has fallen apart, about 10 hours