I put out a social media cry for ways to help with the Moore Oklahoma tornado relief donations and you answered!
I’m simply trying to get these Moore Oklahoma tornado victims the relief help they need in the quickest way possible, whether that be through donations, time and of course, our prayers.
Last I heard the OK tornado victim count was at 51, with 7 of those being children from one of the two elementary schools that was directly hit. Please, please, pray for this entire community and share below if you’ve heard of any efforts (and a big thanks to all of you who shared these tips with my via Facebook at Twitter at @TheSamiCone – keep them coming!)
Moore Oklahoma Tonado Relief Donations
- “Pray, Give, Go” suggestions from Longhollow Baptist church (thanks Meaghan)
- From my cousin Lisa: Chili’s in Tahlequah is donating 10% of all sales Tuesday and Wednesday and is taking monetary and other donations directly to Moore. Maybe people can encourage their local Chili’s or other restaurants to consider a similar benefit day.
- Great article from Metro Family Magazine on how to help families affected by the Moore Oklahoma Tornado (Thanks Diana)
- Donate to local OK Bible Methodist Church (Thanks, Adam)
- Operation barbecue relief is a good organization. They cook barbecue for disaster situations. (Thanks, Kevin)
- Samaritan’s Purse is putting together response teams(Thanks Jennifer B.)
- You can text FOOD to 32333 to donate $10 to the OKC Food Bank or REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross relief efforts. (Thanks Amy N.)
- Shelter for displaced Oklahomans (thanks Anita M)
- World Vision USA is helping (Thanks Leslie R)
- Here is a post from Carrie who actually lives in the area of the devastation on how to help victims
The following links came from BlogHer:
- Donate to the Salvation Army. To have a $10 donation added to your phone bill, text STORM to 80888.
- Donate to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. To have a $10 donation added to your phone bill, text REDCROSS to 90999.
- Look for missing friends or relatives here. If you’re in the area, register so people can find you.
- Donate to the Oklahoma United Way Disaster Relief Fund.
- Help send food to Oklahoma by donating to Feed America.
- Set money aside for rebuilding efforts via Global Giving.
Again, huge thanks to EVERYONE who chimed in with suggestions for the Moore Oklahoma Tornado relief donations. If you have any to add PLEASE share them in the comments below and also share this post via the social media icons below to help spread the word!!